How to Reach Your Target Audience With Social Media
Connecting with your target audience can be tricky; you have to pick the right platform and the right content carefully. Social media platforms can have specific objectives and serve a different purpose to educate, inform and engage your audience. Before creating a social media account you have to know the interests, problems and needs of your audience well enough to connect with them.
At Pyxl, we have so much fun interacting with our followers on Facebook and Twitter and on LinkedIn we expand our market reach to include a higher business/industry expert profile. The investment you make to reach your target audience using social media will drive more people to your website, generate leads, expand your social presence online and allow you to communicate and keep a pulse on your brand and industry in real time.
Facebook not only connects you with family and friends, but also connects your business with customers, business partners, potential contacts and competitors. Here are a few ways you can reach your audience, generate brand awareness and promote company products or services.
- Facebook fan page, a vital piece of your social media campaigns that lets you network with other platforms. This page can also be used as a resource hub to give customers relevant information in a more informal way and connect customers to your brand. Did you know 51 percent of Facebook users are more likely to buy products and services from the brands they “like?”
- Promotions that encourage interaction give followers a reason to come back for more! Holding engaging contests, setting up a poll and offering coupons entice current and future page followers.
- Relevant and engaging posts will resonate with your audience. Monitor the messages your audience “likes” or comments on. This gives you insight to their interests and allows you to build better relationships with prospects and customers by tailoring your content and marketing efforts to meet their needs.
- Facebook Ads spice up your page, promote your business and drive traffic to your site.
- Integrate Facebook into other web properties. For example, share a link via email or include the Facebook social share icon on a blog post.
With 80% of consumers connecting with brands on Facebook, it makes sense to create your page today and reach your target audience!
When you only have 140 characters to use, strategy and creating thoughtful compelling messages are key. Twitter is great for networking, spotting industry trends (not to mention keeping an eye on competitors) and connecting with your audience in real time, which satisfies our society’s need for “instant gratification.”
- Create your own hashtag. This can help you drive conversations about your business. Classifying your messages with a hashtag lets Twitter users follow, engage and search for these tweets. As a marketing firm, we tweet using hashtags such as #marketing, #socialmedia, #digital, #webdesign or #graphicdesign to engage Twitter users in the conversations we’re starting from our @ThinkPyxl Twitter account.
- Tweet relevant information to increase your followers and follower engagement. Your followers will be more apt to share (promote) to their followers. Retweet and respond to other Tweets. This lets followers know you are paying attention and welcome discussion.
- Follow some of your followers. Not only does this get their attention, it also allows you to strike up conversations about your products and services.
- Create lists of people and organizations with similar audiences and interests to follow and connect with, including leading industry influencers.
- Add a Twitter button to your website so visitors can easily share your content on Twitter without leaving your site. Don’t forget to include a button on your website that sends viewers directly to your Twitter page.
If fitting your message into 140 characters just isn’t working, perhaps Twitter isn’t the best platform to reach your audience.
Did you know 65 percent of B2B companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn? A professional tool with a B2B marketing focus, LinkedIn keeps business professionals connected, and lets you build long-term relationships.
- Create a complete profile. This is your “first impression” and the perfect opportunity to build a strong online presence.
- Publishing content that is meaningful and adds value will help you reach a target audience with the right kind of customers, prospects, partners, peers, etc.
- LinkedIn Ads/Campaigns let you target your messaging, product or service, and raise brand awareness to reach your audience.
- Recommendation tool lets your peers and other professional experts in their industry recommend you, elevating your expert profile. This is one of the most influential digital word-of-mouth marketing tools ever!
- Groups with hundreds, even thousands, of members can really expand your market reach. Joining a common interest or industry group allows you to target your communication to a specific audience.
Pyxl engages with various groups to promote services for clients, like webcasts, and helpful resources such as whitepapers and case studies. Use this platform to position yourself as a thought leader, share your expert opinion and showcase your portfolio, validating your expertise and increasing brand credibility.
Reach your target audience, drive results and meet your business objectives with social media. When you understand your audience and provide relevant, useful information it gives customers and prospects a chance to recognize the need for a solution like yours. Remember, these social platforms serve a specific purpose when connecting with your audience. Identifying what your audience needs and what they want (or don’t want), tells you how to reach them via your social media outlets and how to tailor your content on these platforms.
Tell us! Which social media platform you use most for your business and why?
Now that you know how to reach your target audience using social media, check out the ways to measure your social media.